Sunday, April 22, 2012

Say A Little Prayer

I love Sundays. It's the day where I get to meet my favorite people at church and chill with them. Sunday Best much? *laughs. Anyway I was lucky enough that it started to rain and hail only after I got home. And to think the weather was so sunny earlier on! But then again, this is Melbourne we're talking about. You get to experience four seasons in a day and I'm not even kidding. Weather from tomorrow onwards is gonna be cold cold cold, which probably means time to bring out the tights, jeans and booties. But that said, I've finally managed to upload pictures of my recent Sydney getaway, though I'll probably blog about Sydney sometime this week.

But before I sign off with a huge ta!, I've managed to squeeze in a couple of amateur self-timer shots of my outfit today. I've been lusting after this pair of two-sided Nylon-Mesh leggings since 2010 ever since American Apparel became a favorite brand of mine (sheer mesh + shiny opaque nylon = très chic et sexy!) But alas, leggings cost AUD76 on the Aussie site (and nope, the US site does not ship to Australia). I love AA for their quality, comfort and designs but seriously, $76 for a pair of leggings is tad too much. Well, but I've managed to lay hands on not one - but two of these leggings when I realised AA is selling them for just $15! Apparently they made too many of these tights in XS and phew, guess I was really lucky! I was kinda apprehensive at first about the sizing. Even though I'm pretty much a skinny person, I'm really bottom heavy. I'm a UK8 for my bottom and an XS doesn't seems to be an optimum size for me. It probably doesn't help when I opened my parcel and started pondering to myself if it makes sense that I can actually squeeze my thighs and butt into such a small pair of leggings. But woman, it's spandex! And nylon! Which makes it pretty stretchable. I also love the part that the mesh part reminds me of fishnet stockings, albeit this is the non-trashy and classier version. It's a pretty unique pair of leggings. Ok, I should seriously stop rambling and show you guys pictures. Pardon the amateurish shots though as I've too much girl pride to ask my cold, unfriendly and unfeeling  sister (kidding) to help me with a decent full-body shot. 



The American Apparel Nylon Tricot Micro-Mesh Two-Sided Legging as it is on its own




Boots from Topshop


Love today's weather! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...