Saturday, January 8, 2011

"I really feel like Anne Hathaway's character in The Devil Wears Prada"
-Quote from my fellow intern


Okay, so I realised I have not been posting for the whole month of December but HAPPY 2011 EVERYBODY (not that anyone is reading this blog anyway ahahahhaha).

Oh did I tell ya I did intern at the fashion magazine in the month of December. It was my first time interning (and at a fashion magazine at that!) and it was indeed, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I get to meet gorgeous models (and yes, they do eat) and get to be surrounded with designer clothes/shoes/bags all the time (think: Loewe, Balenciaga, Prada, Gucci, Chanel and the list goes on and on). And i also realised that while people in the fashion industry may be decked from head to toe in their Gucci, Jimmy Choos and Louboutins, they are in them simply cos it's their privilege - when you're in the fashion world, you don't have to pay full fledge prices for your designer wear cos there is such a thing as SAMPLE SALE!!! Yes, so that means, the Prada clutch from Spring/Summer 2011 may cost like a $800 in the market, but you pay for a mere $100 for it. I guess thats one of the amazing perks which these fashion peeps get to enjoy. And yes, they do receive stuff/freebies from the big brands too.

But that said, it's tough work being a fashion intern. Reporting to work at 5AM for a full-day shoot and lugging tons of designer gowns and shoes is never a breeze. There were moments when I really wanted to throw in the towel and do something like what Anna Hathaway's character in The Devil Wears Prada did when she threw her phone into the fountain at the Place de la Concorde, but who am I kidding seriously? It's all about work ethics seriously and I can't just quit on my bosses just like that. And plus, there were moments when I really enjoyed being at work - being the first to feel and admire the entire rack of the next season's clothes from the big brands as well as feeling a sense of accomplishment as the Editor does the final touch to the month's issue. And ogling at hot models? Now thats a huge bonus we're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...