Monday, November 22, 2010

Untitled Much

 IT'S OFFICIAL : SINGAPORE'S GONNA HAVE OUR OWN SHARE OF H&M! :) 

Like whoa! Are you excited and happy upon hearing that? Cos i was! (Though it took me quite awhile to realise that also translates to more Singaporeans donning/owning the same stuff) Personally speaking, I don't think Singaporeans have a poor, understated sense of style. I mean, granted, yes, the majority of the population are usually decked in flip flops, tees and shorts. Even the angmohs here are doing that. But it's the weather. And it probably doesn't help that we're always hot (no pun intended) and sunny and humid all 365 days, year round). Still, the fact that this is gonna be the first time H&M's in Southeast Asia is probably good news for all of us cos that also means we no longer have to fly Hong Kong (the nearest H&M-invaded city). I mean, could you believe my cousin's heading to HK soon just to lay his hands on the Lanvin/H&M collaboration?! Unbelievable


I remembered I was first introduced to the brand when I was in San Francisco for a vacation. I was 16 then and gosh I admit i was a total fashion klutz then (hey, everyone have their geek moments) but yes, I walked out with a couple of good deals from H&M. In fact, I remembered leaving the store, feeling really smug. Like, 'hehehehe I'm gonna be one of the few in Singapore donning this pretty H&M dress! hehehe'. But yay.

" I have said in the past that I would never do a mass-market collection, but what intrigued me was the idea of H&M going luxury rather than Lanvin going public." - Alber Elbaz, Creative Director at Lanvin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...